NaviRation™ – mobile optical system
for all geometrical tests of linear accelerators
Software and measuring
An integral part of the system is the software written by our team.
The developed app allows for detection and rotating the target (Figure 3). The software receives a synchronised signal from stereo cameras and analyses the images of the marker. During one turn of the shoulder of the accelerator’s arm 1200 images that determine the marker’s position (more than 3 images per 1 degree) are being collected. A similar number of data is collected for the collimator and the therapeutic table. Then, the registered set of images is analysed.
The isocentre of the medical accelerator (treatment table and collimator) for every angle of rotation is obtained with an accuracy of below 0.1 mm. The whole measuring time is about 20 minutes.
Functionalities of the current version of the system NaviRation™ allow for:
- Determining the sphere of the isocentre, and the location of the rotation for every angle of rotation for the gantry, the treatment table and the collimator.
- Determining the mutual position of the rotation axes of the gantry, the table and the collimator.
- Determining the precision of the translational movements of the therapeutic table.
- Determining the position of lasers relative to the average location of the isocenter.
- Checking the accuracy of the telemeter indicator.